Senior Modeler, Flood Modelling- Solihull
Closing date: 14th October
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Our Midlands based team have a wide and growing portfolio of work planning and delivering water strategies both locally and internationally. Our Clients include the Environment Agency, Severn Trent Water and High Speed 2, as well as supporting clients held by the wider Arup water teams in Leeds, Cardiff and London.
We are seeking a senior modeler to join our dynamic and growing team who is excited by the challenge of driving innovation, pushing the boundaries of excellence and engaging both nationally and internationally on some of the largest and most challenging projects in the sector.
The focus of this role is to lead in hydraulic modelling, hydrology and water resources for a team of less experienced staff working on a range of major infrastructure projects. Typical duties would include flow estimation, hydraulic model schematisation, survey specification, procurement, model build using a range of modelling packages, calibration, verification, hydraulic design of bridges, viaducts and culverts, report write-up, flood mapping, drought strategies, water resource planning. The role would provide a wide range of opportunities to work on the water -related aspects of infrastructure projects within Arup's substantial portfolio - including road, rail, energy, water utility and flood resilience schemes.
The duties will include, but not be restricted to;
• To take a lead in winning and delivering projects across a spectrum of projects
• Technically lead a range of flood modelling schemes (ISIS Tuflow / Flood Modeler) with responsibility for ensuring and delivering technical excellence.
• Formal and informal training of less experience staff
• Preparation of reports, design calculations and specifications.
• Application of rigorous checking and QA processes
• Develop and liaise with Clients and Partners (external and internal)
To achieve in this role, you will have….
• High motivation, as well as proactive and excited by new challenges
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven expertise and extensive experience in the use of ISIS Tuflow / Flood Modeler.
• Proficient GIS skills
• Experience of the UK legislation affecting flooding, surface water management, water resource planning and water companies
• Experience of delivering Environment Agency work
• Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Chartered Member of an appropriate institution (eg. CIWEM, ICE)
• Bachelors or Master Degree in Engineering or similar
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please Apply Online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.