£32,910 - £39,759 (pro rata for part time)
37 hours per week
You will be an important member of Suffolk County Council's Flood and Water Management team undertaking duties to support the role of the County Council as the Lead Local Flood Authority.
You will work closely with partner organisations, local communities, businesses and landowners in order to reduce the risk of flooding for the people of Suffolk.
Your duties will include:
* flood investigations
* developing and managing sustainable drainage and water management solutions
* statutory consultee, liaising with local planning authorities, developers and other infrastructure providers on major planning applications and national infrastructure projects.
You will need:
* a degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering or water management related subject
* experience of the design, construction and maintenance of surface water drainage systems
* the ability to assess major applications, negotiate with developers and make recommendations to local planning authorities
* knowledge and application of the relevant legislation and policy.
Support and encouragement will be given to improve your knowledge and skills through relevant training, coaching and professional development.
This organisation positively encourages the use of technology to communicate and engage, but in this role you will need to operate across a wide and rural area, so you must either hold a full and current driving licence and have access to personal transport or meet the mobility requirements of the role through other reasonable and suitable means.
For an informal discussion only, please contact Simon Curl on 07713 093351 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org or call 0345 601 4412 quoting the job ref.
Interviews via Skype: w/c 19 October 2020.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. We are also committed to flexible working. For the types of flexible or part time working available for specific roles, please see the Job and Person Profile.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.