From £32k per annum dependent on skills and experience
37 hours per week
At Anglian Water we supply water and water recycling services to more than six million customers in the east of England and Hartlepool. Our huge region stretches from the Humber estuary to the Thames estuary, and from Buckinghamshire to Lowestoft on the east coast. We operate and maintain 112,833 kilometres of water and sewer pipes to supply and transport water across some 27,500 square kilometres to serve our customers.
We are looking for an Waste Water Modeller, who ideally will be early in their career, to join our lively and driven team of hydraulic modellers working in urban drainage, tasked with managing, maintaining and using our hydraulic models, ensuring a best reflection of our real-life sewer systems.
The modeller is required to interpret and understand current issues and trends relating to sewerage capacity to support the needs of the wider Anglian Water business, using models to test impacts and future scenarios such as growth, as well as investigation of past events, and to provide effective solutions to the problems we may face. This may be on a small localised scale, or for larger catchment or even region-wide planning, looking at short, medium and longer-term impacts, and helping to inform strategies to enable our business to deliver the best service to our customers.
You will look to deliver against project delivery targets by implementing collaborative and innovative principles, ensuring projects are delivered to budget and time, and providing a necessary technical capability to the business. You will promote interventions both local and strategic for current and future outcome delivery incentives.
If you like the sound of this, and are keen to uphold our values of building trust, always exploring and doing the right thing, our Waste Water Modeller role could be for you!
As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
· Personal private health care
· 26 days annual leave – rising with length of service
· Flexible working
· Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
· Bonus scheme
· Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Waste Water Modeller?
· Engagement with stakeholders across the whole business at all levels
· A clear understanding of uncertainty and risk
· Adept at communicating your knowledge to non-technical parties
· Excellent reporting skills
· A strong emphasis in adopting a team-focused and accountable approach
· The ability to add value by supporting evolution of ways of working to improve process and maintain best practice within the team
· A forward-thinking individual
· Experience and working competence in using Infoworks ICM
· A relevant degree or appropriate experience in water or sewerage/water recycling with a good understanding of hydraulic principles
· Experience with GIS software would be an advantage.
Your office base would be Thorpe Wood House, Peterborough, although travel to our various other office locations across the regional may be required. With technology changing the working environment we are open to exploring options for applicants to work remotely from the office, with travel to your base location as and when required to fulfil the requirements of your role.
If you believe you would complement our team as our next Waste Water Modeller, please apply today!
Closing date: 11 October 2020