Flood Warning & Informing Specialist Advisor
- Post number: 202634
- Location: Cardiff
- Grade & Salary: G6, £35,288 rising to £38,597 over three years
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday with out of hours work on with flood incident duty standby rota (approximately 1 week in 6)
Closing date: 7 March 2021
Interviews to take place when/where: Via Microsoft Teams- Date to be confirmed
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes.
To support the development of NRW's flood warning and informing policy and strategy and support the transformation and continuous improvement of our flood warning and informing services so they are risk-based, efficient and tailored to the needs of local communities and professional partners in Wales.
Key Job Qualifications or Knowledge
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Flood Risk Management, flood forecasting, flood warning, hydrology, hydrometry, river/coastal modelling;
- Experience of contributing to strategies, development plans and work programmes of internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to demonstrate close attention to detail whilst not losing focus of the strategic context of your work;
- Project management skills suitable for managing, or making a significant contribution to, capital investment projects including ICT;
- Substantial experience in use of specialist ICT applications, including flood warning systems.
For further details please visit our website