CIWEM is recruiting Trustee Board members
This is an exciting opportunity for three senior professionals to join CIWEM as Trustees.
In 2021 we are seeking applications to fill three vacancies on CIWEM’s Trustee Board with high calibre people who will be able to shape the future of the water and environment profession as well as that of CIWEM itself.
CIWEM endeavours to have a diverse membership of the Trustee Board in terms of gender, ethnicity, age, experience and from as wide a geographical spread as possible and would especially encourage applications from diverse backgrounds including from the BAME and LGBTQ+ communities.
Trustee Board members serve on a voluntary basis but are reimbursed out of pocket expenses for attending meetings and for undertaking certain activities on behalf of the Institution.
- Trustees of CIWEM serve for an initial period of three years renewed by mutual agreement for a second three year term.
- Trustees contribute to the business and strategic oversight of the Institution and are committed to the principle of collective responsibility.
- Trustees bring a specific set of skills, experience and attributes in order to contribute to the overall balance of those on the Trustee Board.
- Trustees engage actively with members, stakeholders and beneficiaries of the Institution and support the Chief Executive and the executive team.
- Trustees are expected to act as ambassadors for CIWEM to promote its work and its membership.
- Must have an ability to help CIWEM deliver its strategic objectives and formulate policy.
- Must comply with the requirements of the Charity Commission for England and Wales (and its counterpart body in Scotland) for Trusteeship, and be prepared to sign a Trustee Declaration that confirms compliance with such requirements. (please see www.charity-commission.gov.uk).
- Must be of good character and ethically driven.
- Must have a good understanding of the professional body and charity sector.
- Must be able to commit an average of 15 days per annum which will include attending 5 Trustee Board meetings each year and meetings of its Boards and Committees as required (this may vary for international candidates).
- CIWEM is open to applications from members and non-members, but membership of CIWEM is required prior to a new Trustee being ratified. Non-members will be facilitated into membership following selection as a potential Trustee.
The Appointment Process
- Applications will be assessed and short-listed with the support of an independent advisor.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a selection panel comprising of Trustees and an independent advisor.
- Interviews are expected to take place virtually on 29th and 30th June. Candidates are asked to protect these dates in their diaries please.
- The Trustee Nominations Committee will make its recommendations on appointments to the Trustee Board and the applicants will be notified by the end of July.
- The new Trustees will be invited to join the Board meeting on Tuesday 6th October in London held in line with Government guidelines at that time.
- New Trustees will be asked to attend an induction Training day when conditions allow at CIWEM London HQ as well as an online charity Trustee training course paid for by CIWEM.
How to Apply
A full Trustee Information Pack is available directly from the CIWEM website at: https://www.ciwem.org/assets/pdf/Governance/Trustee%20Recruitment/Trustee%20Recruitment%20Application%20Pack%202021.pdf
If, after you have accessed the information pack you decide to apply please provide:
- Your Curriculum Vitae (max. 4 pages)
- A covering letter of no more than one A4 page explaining why you want to become a Trustee Board member, how you match the essential criteria and the specific vacancy you are applying for.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form: https://www.ciwem.org/assets/pdf/Governance/Trustee%20Recruitment/Equal%20Opportunities%20Form%202020.pdf
These should be sent by email to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 30th April 2021. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)207 831 3110.