Lead Specialist Advisor Water Quality Policy
• Location: Flexible in Wales.
• Grade & Salary: G7, £38,922 rising to £43,649 over three years
• Post number: 202152
• Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment until 31 March 2022
• Work pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 21 June 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
To provide the expert lead on delivering the Strategic Review of Charges for Water Quality by managing the preparation/review of NRW policy, charging schemes, programmes, plans, strategies and guidance. This will translate Welsh & UK Government policy into practical approaches to the point of delivery. You will work with colleagues from other teams in Evidence, Policy & Permitting and Operations, officials from WG and sector representatives.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to water quality and environmental regulation; Welsh & UK Governments & EU policy drivers in water quality as set out in the WG Water Strategy; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
2. Knowledge and practical understanding of the range of partners and stakeholders directly involved with delivering water quality improvements as well as those benefiting from intervention across Wales.
3. Experience of: In-depth understanding of the water quality portfolio of legislation and policy and the complex range of drivers and barriers to delivery.
4. Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
5. You will be a member of CIWEM or another relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
6. Representing the organisation in high profile and contentious issues in the public arena.
7. Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business inEvidence, Policy & Permitting as required.
Please visit our website to apply