Officer 2, Marine All Wales Advice Team
- Location: Wales
- Grade & Salary: G5, £30,873 rising to £34,218 over four years
- Post number: 202543
- Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment until 31 March 2022
- Work pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 2 August 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources and wellbeing by contributing to the outward funding programme, integration of planning, monitoring and reviewing delivery of the Area Statement, Wellbeing and Place Plan. The postholder will work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate delivery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Good GIS skills
- Experience of gathering, maintaining and quality-assuring data/information
- Proven record of producing clear and persuasive engagement material in styles appropriate to the audience
- Experience of functional or business planning
- You will have significant expertise in one or more technical areas of the team’s remit:
- Area Statement development
- Public Service Boards & Wellbeing planning
- Outward funding & Partnership working
- Recreation & Access
- Fisheries strategic planning
- Conservation & Protected sites & landscapes, National Nature Reserves planning
- Water resource management
- WFD & catchment planning
- Marine conservation/protected sites
- Proven record of making a positive active contribution to improving the effectiveness efficiency & productivity of any work undertaken
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with a customer focus.
- Excellent at building effective working relationship with colleagues and external partners.
Please visit our website to apply