Drainage and Wastewater Management Plan (DWMP) Manager
£45K-55K Dependant on experience
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the development and delivery of Yorkshire Water’s Drainage and Wastewater Management Plan.
In support of the businesses long term vision and strategy, this role will lead the production and delivery of the Drainage and Wastewater Management Plan (DWMP).
The DWMP for AMP7 is a regulatory requirement and will become a statutory from AMP8. DWMPs provide the basis for more collaborative and integrated long-term planning by organisations that have interests and/or responsibilities relating to drainage, flooding and protection of the environment. The DWMPs identify sustainable interventions on a catchment scale to meet the strategic objectives associated with the needs of customers and the environment and resilience to pressures such as climate change and growth.
The role will provide leadership to a team of wastewater network technical experts as well as adopting a matrix management approach to other areas to ensure that the development of the DWMP meets regulatory and stakeholder requirements (both internal and external) – identifying opportunities for innovation, new ways of working and partnership opportunities to meet these requirements in the future.
It will ensure that the outcomes of the DWMP form core parts of our future AMP business plans, ensuring that the greatest overall value is identified and achieved via the six capitals approach in order to maintain and enhance the resilience and service of our wastewater systems.
The role will work closely with Directors, Senior Leaders, People Leaders and colleagues from across Yorkshire Water, technical consultant resource and key external partner organisations such as DEFRA, the Environment Agency, Local Authorities, National Farmers Union and Rivers Trusts to bring the strategy and DWMP to life.
Skills and Experience Required
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject area
- Membership of a relative professional body, preferably at Chartered status, although candidates who are currently working towards Chartership may be considered.
- Expert knowledge of wastewater networks, techniques and initiatives including network modelling and nature based solutions
- Sound knowledge of wastewater treatment and recycling
- Working knowledge of Asset Management principles
- Detailed understanding of the water regulation regime in the UK
- Ability to think technically and strategically, and communicate effectively, with appreciation of investment, regulation and science
- Ability to build relationships and influence external organisations e.g. other Water Companies, funders
- Pro-active style and capacity for influencing in a complex, challenging environment across a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of conflict resolution
- Ability to produce, and succeed with, compelling investment business cases
- Commitment, drive and passion for improving the future of the Business
- Ability to appreciate the potential of new technologies and the integration requirements for adoption into existing asset base, and ability to persuade internal departments to exploit innovation findings
- Ability to think laterally and creatively – to see new opportunities
- Organisation of own work plus coordination with other teams/projects and stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively across all levels and with a range of experts and challenge where appropriate
- Creating a strategy which can deliver over several AMPs for long term sustainability and flexibility according to drivers
- Experience of working with, and engaging, key partners from a wide range of backgrounds
- Experience of working in a commercial environment and demonstrating successful deployment of strategies within a business
- Experience of commercial management and managing external consultants to deliver to time, cost and quality
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies and committees and within a membership organisation
- Communicate confidently and establish trust with stakeholders at all levels
- Clearly demonstrate Yorkshire Water company values and behaviours
Buttershaw, Bradford or Livingstone House, Leeds