- Location: Flexible across South Wales
- Grade & Salary: G4, £26,474 rising to £30,086 over four years
- Post number: 202878
- Type of contract: Fixed Term appointment until 30 Sept 2022
- Work pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 12 September 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will provide technical assessments and professional advice on hydrological issues to customers and partners, to inform decision-making and contribute to protecting and enhancing the environment.
Consider the principles of SMNR and Well-being of Future Generations Act are considered in all decision making.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in relevant scientific subject (e.g. physical geography, environment science or civil engineering).
- Member of appropriate professional body (e.g. CIWEM or ICE) or working towards membership.
- Relevant work experience in hydrology/water resources management/flood risk management/statistical data analysis and processing.
- Ability to demonstrate a basic understanding of hydrological or related issues e.g. different hydrological parameters, types of hydrological data, data measurement methods etc.
- Computer literate, experience in technical report writing and data manipulation.
- Full UK driving licence.
Please visit our website to apply