Projects & Programme Delivery Specialist
- Location: Wales
- Grade & Salary: 6, £35,288 rising to £38,597 over four years
- Post number: 200821, 200824, 202376
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: full time
Closing date: 19 September 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
As a Specialist Project Manager working within a high performing team, you will deliver high risk multi-disciplinary projects to budget, programme, and quality criteria, ensuring successful outcomes are achieved. Projects will include flood risk management schemes, reservoir improvements, hydrometry upgrades, fish migration improvements, environmental management and remediation and forestry estate infrastructure. You will manage integrated teams of suppliers and partners through feasibility, appraisal, design and construction phases, ensuring NRW’s corporate goals are achieved, SMNR principles delivered and well-being objectives considered in all decision making.
Key accountabilities of the job include:
- Undertake Project Manager responsibilities for allocated projects within our PRINCE2 methodology, being accountable to the Project Executive.
- Oversee production of business cases and deliver projects to these.
- Demonstrate exemplar project management principles; including financial, programme, scope, risk and contract management for higher-complexity and higher-risk projects.
- Manage the procurement of all suppliers on your projects. Undertake your duties in line with delegated authority and NRW policies and procedures.
- Administer supplier contracts (typically NEC3).
- Prepare MS Project programme for projects, provide accurate forecasting of project milestones. Understand and manage programme delivery risks.
- Identify all consents and permissions required and obtain these in a timely manner.
- Write and maintain a risk register for projects and take action to manage financial, commercial, legal, operational and reputational risks.
- Be a champion of safety and environmental practices and promote these to your project teams.
- Manage project communications to effectively engage and influence stakeholders to facilitate project delivery and outcomes.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners to achieve integrated solutions that deliver at a local and national level.
- Identify and share lessons learned and best practice.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to a minimum of degree level in an engineering or related technical subject.
- Post holders should have significant experience and have or be working towards Chartered Professional Status in their field (ICE, CIWEM, RICS).
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Status is desirable, or a commitment to achieve within 6 months of being in post.
- UK full driving licence.
To apply, please visit our website.