Coastal Evidence and Data Advisor
- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: Grade 5, £30,873 rising to £34,218 over four years
- Post number: 202863
- Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment until 27 May 2022
- Work pattern: Full time, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 26 September 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes.
You will be working to improve our data and evidence and to provide advice on coastal habitats and coastal physical processes. The work will be varied and will include things like:
- Refining a catalogue of coastal datasets and liaising with staff to understand which datasets are most important and how they can best be improved
- Helping to improve awareness of and accessibility to key coastal datasets within NRW
- Acting as secretariat to NRW marine and coastal evidence groups
- Editing coastal habitat GIS layers
- Supporting the provision of advice on coastal processes and coastal habitats for a range of NRW’s work, this could be related to new policy developments, protected sites, area statements, or specific projects
So if you have an understanding of coastal processes and habitats and experience of working with data and evidence, please apply now!
Qualifications and Skills
- You will have strong analytical skills that enable you to process, analyse and interpret large amounts of technical information, including use of GIS
- Knowledge of the coastal environment, including physical processes and coastal habitats
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to coastal management; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of working in a programme and project management environment
- Good communication and inter personal skills
To apply, please visit our website.