DARESBURY SCI-TECH CAMPUS, UK
As part of its continued expansion, Evove is seeking a highly capable Technical Manager to join our dynamic and innovative team. Based at our new state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in Daresbury, the successful applicant will be working collaboratively with team members to develop performance enhancing innovations for within the field of membrane separation in a wide variety of industrial sectors around the world.
The Technical Manager will be experienced in hands on development within the laboratory in addition to managing small teams of scientist and multiple projects from proof of principle through to scale-up and commercialisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring technical delivery against customer driven KPIs, on allocated development projects and driving the laboratory team to meet major product development and project milestones.
Working closely with the senior management team you will ensure that we maintain our technical edge, by identifying and developing new methods and improving approaches to existing methods.
Lead and drive the technical team and work with department heads to;
- Develop existing technologies within the field of water filtration
- Lead method development in coatings and filtration technologies
- Develop understanding of coating processes, variation and quality control
- Lead laboratory and industrial validation trials working closely with industrial partners
- Work closely with department heads to support business development activities
- Review development and innovation results with department heads and ensure effective plans are in place to drive progress
- Monitor effectiveness of laboratory developments, ensure actions are implemented and assess trends in order to identify improvements in methods and approach
- Troubleshoot technical issues or problems within a laboratory or industrial setting
- Lead, develop and drive a culture of safety and training in the laboratory and on site
- Provide leadership and a clear understanding of priorities and ensure that junior staff members work activities are aligned with development and project objectives and priorities
- Clearly and concisely communicate technical progress with department heads in a timely fashion on a day-to-day basis and during project meetings
- Allocate priorities to reporting staff in line with business objectives
Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent, strong preference will be given to candidates who hold a Ph.D.
- 6+ years experience in technology development, including 3+ years managing a team
- Demonstrable laboratory experience including supervisory/management experience
- In depth knowledge of the product development process, ideally evidence of progressing projects from proof of concept to commercialisation
- Experience in the use of project management tools, e.g. GANTT charts
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of scientists towards a common goal
- Demonstrable experience of leading industrial validation trials
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable dealing with people of all levels both within the business
Willingness to travel, both internationally and within the UK
Salary of up to £60k, depending on experience
26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Relocation package (where applicable)
Company share option scheme membership
Company pension scheme
The position is open immediately and located at the Sci-Tech campus in Daresbury in the northwest of England.
If you are interested, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com outlining relevant skills and experience. The application period is open until January 31st 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you.