- Location: 1 post Flexible within South Wales, 1 in Rhuddlan
- Grade & Salary: Grade 5 - £31,490 - £34,902
- Post numbers:200330 & 200331
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 Hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, tax free childcare and salary sacrifice schemes.
Role Purpose: To assist in the delivery, of the various MEICA asset management maintenance programmes and enable effective management of the contract workforce within Wales. Providing specialist advice and direction on projects across directorates relating to critical and high risk electrical and mechanical assets.
To enable delivery of our commitment to Sustainable Management of Natural Resources.
Qualifications and Skills
- Required to be a time served engineer qualified to HND level or equivalent, in a relevant MEICA engineering discipline working towards incorporated engineer status. Also, qualified in a recognised health and safety certificate (IOSH).
- You will be able to demonstrate a wide range of engineering experience in a multidiscipline MEICA engineering environment and have a working knowledge of industrial control systems, motor starters, PLC’s, HMI’s pumps, automated sluice gates and associated PLC’s, SCADA, CCTV systems etc.
- It is desirable for candidates to have experience of managing high risk work such as contractor management, confined space work, working next to water etc.
- You should have good IT skills and be familiar with: MS Office Suite, computerised maintenance management systems and AutoCAD (Computer Aided Design) systems.
- Be familiar with the requirements of managing health and safety for MEICA works.
- A full UK driving licence.
For more information, please press the 'APPLY NOW' button.