Specialist Advisor, Sustainable Water Quality (Chemical Contaminants)
Closing date: 17 August 2022
Salary: £35,994-£39,369 (Grade 6)
Contract type: Fixed term appointment until 11 July 2023
Work pattern: 37 hours
Post number: 202553
Job Description: Water quality is of significant stakeholder interest at present. This post plays a critical role in identifying risks from emerging chemicals and proposing innovative solutions. It involves collaboration across NRW and with external stakeholders such as with Universities. You will need good evidence analysis skills and a background in contaminants to review data, propose monitoring programmes and work across NRW to manage risks through regulation.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to WFD and chemicals in water; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in WFD; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of environmental information and data and analysing large data sets.
- Working with/in water companies, local authorities, eNGOs, National Parks;
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
- You will be a member of a relevant professional institution such as CIWEM and/ or working towards membership.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required;
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
To apply, please press the 'APPLY NOW' button.