MKO is seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental Scientist to work within the Environmental Team. The successful candidate will be working on EIAR projects in the wind energy, renewables, waste-to-energy, manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, and a broad range of experience on large-scale projects in these sectors is a minimum requirement.
The key responsibilities associated with the role will be:
- Manage and oversee projects run by the company’s Environmental Team day-to-day, including fee agreements, invoicing, and delivering on client expectations
- Oversee, guide and manage junior team members and sub-consultants to deliver project requirements
- Take ownership of projects from inception to completion (including project profitability) and provide regular project updates to the Environmental Team director and clients
- Report to Environmental Team Director on project performance
- Prioritise projects while balancing client expectations, available staff resources and project deadlines
- Manage and implement business development initiatives for team
- Win new work by preparing and overseeing the preparation of fee proposals, identifying opportunities in the marketplace and ensuring a steady work flow.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in environmental science, environmental engineering, or related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to complete role
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar role
- An excellent understanding of the Irish planning system
- Broad range of large-scale project experience at EIAR/Planning/Construction stage
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil engineering, construction management, ecology, hydrology/hydrogeology, noise, air, traffic, geotechnical and other EIAR subject areas and the interrelationships between them.
Candidates interested in the available position should apply by emailing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter/email to email@example.com