Senior Regulatory Approaches Advisor
· Location: Flexible
· Grade & Salary: £35,994-£39,369 (Grade 6)
· Post number: 203334
· Type of contract: Fixed term appointment for 12 months
· Work pattern: 37 Hours a week, Monday to Friday.
Closing date: 16 October 2022
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
Your principal role will be to drive NRW’s commitment to delivering NRW actions as part of the Storm Overflow taskforce (and support wider delivery of the team's workplan as appropriate).
Working with the other members of the taskforce and alongside the Lead Specialist Advisor, Storm Overflow Programme Delivery, you will provide specialist advice and input to your team and function that supports the development and implementation of the strategy and plans.
You will undertake practical and technical tasks requiring specialist knowledge and expertise on a range of matters relating to your profession.
You will analyse and interpret a range of complex information relevant to your specialist area and communicate this to others, contributing to the development of strategy and policy.
You will be responsible for leading and managing specific areas of work which may include the implementation of plans.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Knowledge of Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to your specific sector(s); Welsh, UK government Policy drivers in your specific sector(s).
2. Experience in informing and influencing government departments/regulators, preferably on environmental issues.
3. Experience in forming and maintaining close links with internal and external partners/stakeholders to deliver the outcomes of both a specific function/project/team and the wider organisation.
4. Experience of understanding and applying regulatory activities.
5. Be able to work at pace and have a track record of delivery.
6. Being innovative and demonstrating drive to achieve targets.
7. You will be expected to keep up to date with changing regulatory policy and proposed changes to legislation via membership of a relevant professional body or other equivalent means.
For more information and to apply press the APPLY NOW button