Specialist Advisor, Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
Closing date: 5 December 2022
Salary: £35,994 - £39,369 (Grade 6)
Contract type: Fixed Term appointment until 1 January 2024
Work pattern: 37 hours, Monday - Friday
Post number: 201330
Water quality is of significant stakeholder interest at present. This post plays a critical role in applying the principles of the sustainable management of natural resources to the management of water from catchment to coast. You will need good influencing skills and a background in water management with an ability to work across a variety of staff within NRW. This post also manages an important delivery mechanism ‘opportunity catchments’ for improvements in water quality across Wales, maximising the benefits of our interventions.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to Water Framework Directive; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in Catchment Management as set out in EU, UK and WG Policy and legislative/Directive drivers; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
- Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of complex environmental information and data sources; analysing large data sets.
- Working with/in WG, across the land management sectors and other land management and environment organisations.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and qualifications.
- You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.
- Share your knowledge and expertise to help solve problems, supporting all Heads of Business in EPP as required.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use as you choose
For more information, please press the 'APPLY NOW' button below.