We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills and knowledge of environmental pressures with experience of Water Framework Directive, river or lake modelling and environmental permitting, to help lead our local response to current pressures and future demands.
You will work on a variety of aspects of strategic water planning to understand the risks, find solutions and work with those who can effect change. You will also review, challenge and advise stakeholder plans and permissions, and ensure they comply with environmental regulations. You'll be required to understand, analyse and translate a variety of data/information into evidence that can be used to inform and influence decisions by technical and non-technical audiences.
This post is a water quality technical role working with water companies and internal teams to reduce impacts from sewage discharges.Knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:-
- water company price review and asset management plans
- knowledge of sewage treatment works and sewerage network processes and operation including Urban Pollution Management processes and standards
- awareness of measures to protect the water quality of drinking water supplies from diffuse pollution sources
- responding to water quality permit consultations and determination of waste water continuous and intermittent discharge permit limits
- water industry wastewater management
- environmental legislation relevant to sewage discharges and water quality
- supporting local and national working groups and projects
- advising and facilitating resolution of complex or contentious issues
- responding to planning and development consultations
Responding to incidents is a central part of what we do. You will be required to have an incident role and make yourself available to respond to incidents, or provide business continuity support during an incident. This may attract an additional payment and full training and alternative working arrangements will be available to support you with your incident role.