- Location: Flexible over Wales
- Grade & Salary: 5, £30,120 rising to £33,383 over three years
- Post number: 202543, 202540, 202542, 202541, 202538, 202537
- Work pattern: Full time
- Contract type: Fixed Term appointment until 31 March 2021
Closing date: 10th May 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
Are you informed and passionate about the environment in Wales? Do you enjoy supporting and working collaboratively with a wide range of people? If so, then we’ve got the job for you!
Through the Environment (Wales) Act, Natural Resources Wales has a new duty to pursue the sustainable management of natural resources (SMNR). Under the Act, NRW is also required to provide Area Statements that set out the natural resources in an area, the benefits they provide, and the priorities, risks and opportunities that need to be addressed.
If this sounds like you – apply now!
Qualifications and Skills
- Good GIS skills
- Experience of gathering, maintaining and quality-assuring data/information
- Proven record of producing clear and persuasive engagement material in styles appropriate to the audience
- Experience of functional or business planning
- You will have significant expertise in one or more technical areas of the team’s remit:
- Area Statement development
- Public Service Boards & Wellbeing planning
- Outward funding & Partnership working
- Recreation & Access
- Fisheries strategic planning
- Conservation & Protected sites & landscapes, National Nature Reserves planning
- Water resource management
- WFD & catchment planning
- Marine conservation/protected sites
- Proven record of making a positive active contribution to improving the effectiveness efficiency & productivity of any work undertaken
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with a customer focus.
- Excellent at building effective working relationship with colleagues and external partners.
For more information, please visit our website.