- Location: Flexible
- Grade & Salary: G7, £37,973 rising to £42,584 over three years
- Post number: 202562
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: Full time
Closing date: 31 May 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will be the lead engineering specialist responsible for working with developers to plan and deliver energy (and other commercial) developments on NRW managed land. Renewable energy generation in Wales is a key Welsh Government policy and target. The role will be managed by the Energy Delivery Team Leader in South Wales.
They will lead on technical direction to the Energy Delivery Engineers and provide a professional link to the Integrated Engineering Team.
NRW now have several business-critical contractual obligations associated with operational Commercial Projects such as Pen y Cymoedd, Brechfa and Cloecaenog Wind Farms. The post holder will lead on delivery of NRW’s contractual asset management obligations and take responsibility for the design, build and maintenance of infrastructure for delivery of the timber marketing plan within heavily constrained commercial developments.
Qualifications and Skills
- Quarry Manager Duties; the position will ideally hold a SHE Quarry management NVQ level 4 or, with some previous experience, aim to achieve this qualification within 5 years of taking up post with support from NRW.
- Act as ‘Principal Designer’ (or) as advisor to regional client for CDM 2015.
- Recognised industry standard health and safety card. ‘CSCS’ or similar.
- Competency in ground engineering design and specialist experience of large-scale construction developments on a variety of upland ground conditions e.g. electricity cable networks, abnormal loads, quarrying, act as client for specialised work such as structural design of bridges.
- Competent and experienced in NEC ECC forms of contract – discharge the duties of project manager under NEC ECC.
- Experienced user of technical design packages, For example GIS, AutoCAD, AMX.
- Specialist knowledge of drainage and water management in upland Wales to comply with Forest & Water guidance and the Water Framework Directive.
- Competent designer of all forest infrastructure.
- Knowledge and relevant experience in consulting and implementing environmental considerations; habitats, conservation EPS.
- Knowledge of concrete and timber bridge construction.
- Knowledge of mobile GPS, to be used in planning works, providing principal setting-out points and general surveying.
- Member of professional body e.g. ICE. or be able to work towards this through agreement with the Team Leader.
- Qualified or willing to achieve PRINCE 2 Practitioner within 2 years of taking up the post. Able to apply Project Management techniques including product delivery and board reporting within strict governance procedures.
For more information, please visit our website.