Suffolk County Council's mission is to make a positive difference for Suffolk. We are committed to working together, striving to improve and securing the best possible services.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They're shaped by our staff, and we call them "ASPIRE":
- Achieve – we are the best we can be
- Support – we work as one team
- Pride – we take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – we model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – we give and earn respect
- Empower – we empower, encourage and motivate people
These values underpin our approach to performance, reward and wellbeing. They define the relationship between the council and our people, benefits for employees.
Benefits for employees
We offer an extensive reward package that combines pay, pension and a range of additional benefits.
- Performance related pay progression
- Instant e-vouchers for some of the UKs top retailers, such as 8% off at M&S, 5% off at Tesco and 4% off at Sainsburys. Plus discounts at hundreds of other retailers and brands.
- Financial wellbeing support, including low interest loans
- Access to the Suffolk Credit Union
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The LGPS is for all SCC employees and it offers a a pension scheme whereby both the employee and employer contribute towards the pension fund. The amount will vary, but generally Suffolk County Council will contribute two thirds of the scheme's costs and the employee contributes one third.
The LGPS also offers:
- A secure pension adjusted to take into account the cost of living
- Tax relief on contributions paid, and (after a two year qualifying period) have peace of mind if you become seriously ill or are made redundant over the age of 55
- Peace of mind for your family with immediate life cover and a pension for your spouse, civil partner or eligible cohabiting partner, as well as eligible children
Visit the LGPS website for more information.