We are the Environment Agency. We are the biggest and most wide-ranging environmental regulator in Europe. We work with businesses and communities to protect and improve the environment, for people and wildlife. And the need for our work is becoming ever more important.
We protect and improve the environment across England to:
- reduce the risks to people and properties from flooding
- help businesses and communities adapt to climate change
- reduce pressures on biodiversity
- help businesses to make sure they don’t harm the environment through pollution or taking too much water
- issue licences and permits, and take action against people who don’t take their environmental responsibilities seriously.